Throughout its longlasting success as a touristic destination, Montreux decided to get one step further in the fields of cultural and corporate or associative events. The Septembre Musical, created in 1946, and the Jazz Festival, created in 1967, which are major events today, were on the very beginning of a new image, which has carried Montreux's name throughout the world.
Continuing on the path of event and business tourism, Montreux built a Convention Centre on the shores of Lake Geneva in 1973. Expanded in 1981, the convention centre took its present shape, with transparent glass walls, in 1993 with the inauguration of the prestigious Stravinski Auditorium and concert hall.
In May 2006, the Montreux Convention Centre changed its name to become the Montreux Music & Convention Centre (2m2c) to match its growing reputation built on music and events.
To know more about the 2m2c's history : http://montreuxmusic.com
Montreux, the "Pearl of the Swiss Riviera", has been welcoming tourists from around the world for over a century. Sitting on the shores of Lake Geneva, surrounded by the Alps and only 1 hour from the Geneva International Airport, Montreux is blessed with an exceptional location.
The town of Montreux has built its reputation on international cultural events, such as the Jazz Festival and the Septembre Musical, a prestigious classical music festival.
Created in 1967, the Montreux Jazz Festival has and continues to attract the greatest artists from around the world. To name a few of them: Miles Davis, Ella Fitzgerald, B.B. King, Santana, Deep Purple, Sting, David Bowie, Pink Floyd, the Rolling Stones, Phil Collins...
The 2m2c has 18,000 m2 of floor space over 7 levels, distributed as follows:
- 3 full halls with respective capacities of 270, 900 and 1800 participants
- 28 modular rooms and offices
- 2 exhibition halls with a total of 4400 m2 of floor space
- 6 foyers able to receive 2,000 people for cocktails, dinners and coffee breaks
- many terraces with views of Lake Geneva and the Alps
Each year, the 2m2c hosts an average of 50 professional events, such as :
- EURO 2008 qualifying round draw
- Nestlé manager meetings
- Meetings of the Roche, Astra Zeneca and Novartis pharmaceutical companies
- L'Oréal Coiffure product launch
- Mode Podium Femina fashion show
- Travel & Trade Workshop
- Scientific conventions in conjunction with the EPFL (Lausanne Federal Polytechnic Institute)
Each year, more than 25 musical and cultural events take place at the 2m2c including :
- Montreux Jazz Festival, 15 days, 100 000 spectators
- Septembre Musical, 8 concerts, 8000 spectators
- Cultural Season, 20 dates, 20 000 spectators
- Montreux Comedy Festival, 5 days, 8000 spectators
- Montreux Choral Festival, 1 date, 1800 spectators
The name "Centre de Congrès Montreux SA" and the brand names "Montreux Music & Convention Centre" and "2m2c" are all used as place names.
The Montreux Music & Convention Centre is a Public Limited Company with a capital of 1 million swiss francs whose shares are fully owned by the town of Montreux.
The purpose of the Public Limited Company is to market the 2m2c, to host the sold events, to make sure that it is operated properly and to ensure that the building and all associated equipment are well maintained.
The 2m2c has 31 full-time employees, assisted by outside contractors when needed.
board of directors
- Jacques Serex, Chairman
- Laurent Wehrli, Director, Mayor of Montreux, Representing the Municipality
- Alain Imhof, Director
- Rémy Crégut, General Manager, in charge of Marketing, Communication and Business Development
- Anne-Laure Daboczi, Assistant General Manager, in charge of Events and Operations
- Eric Jaton, Technical Director
- Claire Tinguely , Finance Director, in charge of Human Ressources
Montreux Music & Convention Centre
1820 Montreux 1
Tel. +41 21 962 20 00
Fax +41 21 962 20 20